29th Jun 2018
It’s always hard to predict the weather in this country, but if you are off somewhere hot and sunny – lucky you! Have you got the right summer make-up for the conditions? Holiday make-up should enhance your natural glow as you relax and enjoy yourself.
1. Use the right products in the correct order to make sure you’re protected from the sun and that your make-up lasts through the day or evening
2. Less is better, why not try one of the 16 natural colour combinations in the Wow How app including Au Naturel, Sunrise and Heavenly.
3. If it’s warm, tone your skin before you start to remove any oil and shine
4. When you are in a sunny climate, use a moisturiser with SPF, preferably lightweight and oil free.
5. Begin your make-up with face primer and a matte eye-primer – if you’ve got time (hopefully you’ll have nice relaxed mornings and evenings on holiday) allow it to absorb for 20 minutes – this will really help your make-up to last longer.
6. Use a light, non-luminous base, tinted moisturiser is perfect. If you tan easily, remember to take a darker shade on holiday with you.
7. Make it sweat and waterproof. Pack and use waterproof eye-shadow and mascara and also use liquid eye-liner – wax pencils can smear if it is humid.
8. Whatever the weather and look you are going for, make sure it suits your features. Our Wow How app will show you how to apply your waterproof, sweat proof eye shadow, eye liner and mascara so that it enhances your eyes. The instructions vary for each eye shape so you can be confident you are getting the optimum effect.
9. Finish with a fixing spray to help to keep your make-up in place
10. Keep blotting paper with you on hot days. This will help to remove any excess oil and means you don’t have to add more make-up.
Enjoy yourself and don’t forget to show us your holiday looks, share them on social media using #wowhowapp
For more make-up hints and tips, download the Wow How app and take a look at Gracie’s Gems.
(Summer image source: https://www.whowhatwear.co.uk/summer-bag-trends)
Stay in touch and get exclusive access to news, insider tips and competitions.