15th Dec 2017
Don’t feel daunted by Christmas party make-up, experiment, have fun and look great with our top tips:
1. Experiment with new colours- for inspiration look for celebrities with similar colourings to you and steal their style. You can also use the Wow How look book to try different colours and see how they look on you.
2. When it’s dark and cold, brighten your lip colour by a couple of shades to brighten up your complexion.
3. Experiment with blue mascara, bright blue is daring, or navy can offer a lovely subtle twist. When wearing coloured mascara, don’t wear an eye shadow colour to match, instead look for complementary colours. Keep your eye liner more subtle when wearing coloured mascara, so it doesn’t detract from the statement you are making with your lashes. The whole point of coloured mascara is the colour, so don’t be afraid to layer it on!
4. Don’t leave it til the last minute to apply your Christmas party make-up. When you have a bit of spare time, play around with different make-up looks. Then when you leave the house for a Christmas party you can feel really confident you have found a look that works for you.
5. If you have never tried false lashes before, give them a go as part of your Christmas party make-up, ask a friend to help or follow the instructions in the Wow How app. They look amazing whatever your age, and you can opt for a natural look to add extra volume and length. If you’d like to see the tutorial to help you to apply false eyelashes, please sign up for our newsletter and you’ll be able to watch the video – use the ‘Connect With Us’ box at the bottom of this page to send us your email address.
Remember the Wow How app will show you make-up looks that suit your features and give you step-by-step instructions to follow that will help you feel like a make-up pro in no time! Our look and learn feature means you can use your phone as a mirror and apply as you watch the tutorial.
Download today, start practising and experimenting so you feel confident this Christmas party season.
(Rosie Huntingdon-Whiteley image source: https://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/gallery/rosie-huntington-whiteley-look-book)
Stay in touch and get exclusive access to news, insider tips and competitions.